Tuesday, November 7, 2017

The disappearing post....don't leave me!!

Hello it's me Joan. Today I went to Kaiser Clinic for an annual preventative care visit.  Instead of seeing a doctor for 10 minutes, the new model is to sit and talk with a nurse for an hour. So here I was at 2:00 on a Tuesday afternoon chatting about my health with Shawn.  We talked about food and exercise and mental health and ....oh yes, memory. Or lack of. I said that I was getting pretty scatter-brained in my retirement, if I lost my calendar I'd be really lost. What day is today?  I have random notes all over blank pages of my calendar. What was I supposed to mention to the doctor? I looked at the date of my appointment...and it said "see May 22" and there on May 22 was a list of 4 things to talk about.  Being retired is like being on a scavenger hunt....all the time. Always looking for clues for where to be next.  Shawn suggested I write a blog. Who would want to read my blog??  Sean said that he would. Did he have his fingers crossed--probably--but it was an interesting idea, so I'll try it for awhile. Maybe I should have a personal challenge---with an incentive. Blog every day for a week, and I get a cinnamon roll and coffee.  I can have a new challenge each week. Big ideas, big blogs. Hey Joan, just start small and keep writing.

Thanks for the idea Shawn. If you ever read this, you can tell me at my hour-long appointment with you next year....if you remember! 

I learned one fascinating fact from Shawn today--that dogs can have a litter of puppies from more than one daddy dog. That's why his chihuahua/dashund has long legs and weights 25 pounds. 

OK, that's it for my first ever blog spot. Adios!

No comments:

Post a Comment