Saturday, November 11, 2017

A butterfly in hand

Today is Friday, 11/11 and the most remarkable thing that happened today was the butterfly that opened in my hand. I was cleaning the house before Diane and Carl and Chava came for dinner. I dusted (yes, dusted!) some window sills on the stairway, and when I went to sweep up the piles into my dust pan, there was a large triangle in the pile. On closer examination, I realized that it was a folded butterfly. I talked to her, oh sweet little butterfly, let's go outside--and then she answered by opening her wings to show me her beautiful colors. I took about 20 pictures, and will attach one here...but not to tomorrow.

This was all to top off a very nice day--and SUNNY all day. Exercise class at the gym, then chatting away in Spanish at the Redwing Cafe.  Frittata was about a C-, but still love the cafe.  Brought my sewing machine into the dining room and worked on quilt for Talia's baby....almost here!  Then at 3:00 off to Uke practice---we really worked hard on arrangements for songs, and sound pretty good. Even Ted sounded good. Ordered a sweet potato pie for Sunday--shhhhh---book group. 

Shabbat dinner with D and C and C with lots of good conversation about books (Sapian, Homo Deux) , whether there will be jobs in the future, whether there will be workshops at the Limmud, dogs we have known. We didn't talk about kids, grandkids or our latest medical breakdowns, or latest movies we have seen.  Nice to be with old friends for shabbat.

birthdays are coming up--Chava on 11/18 and Diane on 11/29




No comments:

Post a Comment